Re: Wiki problems and password

From: Steven Kurylo <skurylo_at_no.spam.please>
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 08:43:33 CST

> Dylan figures these edits are probably scripted. I'm not so sure...
> If they really are, we could put the password on the front page. Is
> that a good idea? or is the reference to the mailing list archive
> easy enough for anyone that wants to edit it?

Put the password on the front page of the wiki. If its scripted attacks
the problem is solved and all the humans have easy access. Check the
apache access logs, if its a script the time between the user hitting
the front page and the their changes being saved should be near zero.
If its a human it would take them much longer.

If it still gets defaced then saving the password in the list archive
will have to do.

--
Steven Kurylo