Can linux solve this windows problem?

From: Chris Fazekas <linux_at_no.spam.please>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 19:03:02 CST

Good point Les,

Backup.. -then- run the .bat file ;P

Actually the obvious quick solution here would be to add licences to the
server as suggested (this = $$$$$).. I also liked the idea posted to pipe
everything through a linux server so that minimal Windowz licences are
utilized while doing tasks such as printing (how sad is that), but I'm not
sure how hard this is, or how stable.

In the end it really depends on what they -need- to use the network for.. if
its file sharing.. use samba? If its sharing a print server, then buy a
print server or share it through linux also(?). If its both of the above
plus the need to use the XP server as a user management (authentication)
system, then I guess your forced to add licences?.. Or.. just run the .bat
file and then head for the hills!!

Anyhow, thats my two and a half cents.. even though they probably arent worth
too much more than that...

Cheers,

-- Chris

"Woah.. it EVEN has a 28.8BPS Modem.." - Hackers

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:08:46 -0600 (CST), Les Klassen Hamm wrote