MIME PGP [WAS: Re: RDBMS Benchmark]

From: Jason C. Pion <jpion_at_no.spam.please>
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 12:12:09 CST

I'm assuming you are referring to the PGP signature attachments to Bruce
and Scott's (Regina Scott) e-mails. They use PGP or GPG to digitally sign
their e-mail messages. However, a lot of e-mail programs don't properly
recognize PGP signatures in MIME format and they just show up as an
attachment. You don't run into this problem if you use in-line PGP
signing, rather than MIME. The other option is for you to start using a
different e-mail client. (Not really a good option for most people, after
they get used to one they like.)