gcc config problems

From: Gordon J. Holtslander <holtslander_at_no.spam.please>
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 12:18:33 CST

Hi:

I just installed SuSE 6 on my computer at work.

I am having trouble installing software from source using the standard
'./confgiure' 'make' 'make install'
commands.

I get a message saying my C++ compiler does not work.

I have gcc-2.7.2.3-10. Does it need anything else to make it compile
properly?

My installation is only days old, so I don't think I broke anything yet
;)

This is the output from running ./config for gtk+ for gimp:

checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... no

 configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Gord Holtslander