Re: Red Hat 5.0 out Dec 1st

From: Skeeter Abell-Smith <skeeter_at_no.spam.please>
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 12:46:36 CST

} just heard redhat 5.0 will be out on the 1st, but some people have
} been nailing it off
} cdrom.com even now. my only worry is if cdrom.com's is a beta....
}

I just read in comp.os.linux.announce that LSL (www.lsl.com) is
offering RedHat 5.0 in their GPL "intel binaries only" format (on CD of
course). However, it just reads "see our www site for details" and I
could find none there yet....

In July I ordered a dozen redhat 4.2 GPL CDs from LSL for some friends
and several people on this mailing list. The cost was just $5.50
Canadian each after exchange, excise taxes and GST were accounted for.

If anyone reading this message is interested in a redhat 5.0 CD, please
contact me ASAP. I have already e-mailed LSL to get pricing. The more
CDs we order, the cheaper it is for everyone because additional CDs
don't significantly increase shipping costs. A dozen CDs should be no
more cdn$6.00 (if they are still just US$1.95 plus shipping from LSL),
even with the weaker Canadian dollar. On the other hand, 3 would cost
over cdn$7.50 each, and 20 could be as cheap as cdn$4.50 each.

Please e-mail s.a@usask.ca if interested...